Join our team!
Join our team!
Position: Part-Time Jewelry Maker
Location: Downtown Vancouver [near the waterfront station]
JMB Ventures Inc. is home to two unique jewelry brands, each with its own distinctive soul brand. “Karma Eleven” is known for its bright, happy collection of vibrant, playful, uplifting, and affordable genuine gemstone jewelry. Our Karma Eleven brand is sold mainly through wholesale channels which allows us to bring joy and happiness to as many people as possible. Our second brand, Earthly Abundance, focuses on bringing the highest quality gemstones available to our customers. Earthly Abundance provides genuine gemstone jewelry in the most natural and vibrant colours, designed as bold and one of a kind statement pieces.
At our core, we are a team of passionate individuals who care deeply about the world and want to use our business as a platform for good. We are always exploring new materials, techniques, and designs to ensure that our brands continue to evolve and grow. Our culture is one of inclusiveness, positivity, and collaboration.
Are you a creative soul with a passion for making beautiful things?
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented individual to join our jewelry production team on a part-time basis. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain experience in the jewelry industry while working in a fun and dynamic environment. Our focus is on creating high-quality jewelry pieces and fostering a positive and collaborative team culture.
As a part-time employee, you will assist with the production of our jewelry and help maintain a clean and organized workspace. You will have the chance to learn from experienced jewelry makers and work with a variety of tools and materials from precious metals to gemstones and beads. This is a hands-on role that requires attention to detail and a willingness to take on new challenges.
But this isn't just any ordinary job - we believe that work should be fun, and we're looking for someone who shares that same belief. Our studio is a place where you can show up as yourself and work in a creative environment surrounded by a supportive and energetic team. This is a valuable opportunity where you'll be able to hone your craft, gain valuable experience, and have a blast doing it! So, if you're looking for a fun and challenging opportunity to put your jewelry-making skills to the test, we want to hear from you! Apply today and let's create something amazing together.
- Following design specifications: jewelry makers will be responsible for following specific designs to ensure that each piece is created accurately and to the desired quality standards.
- Preparation of materials: jewelry makers may be responsible for preparing the materials and components needed for the senior jewelry-making process, such as stringing beads, cutting chains and wire wrapping
- Assembly of jewelry pieces: jewelry makers will work with various components to bring our jewelry designs to life and ensure that they are securely and neatly assembled
- Maintenance of equipment and tools: jewelry makers willalsobe responsible for maintaining an organized work-place
- Packaging and preparing jewelry for wholesale: jewelry makers may be responsible for labeling jewelry with gemstone properties, barcodes and packaging it according to our company standards
- Flexibility to change, multi- task and work collaboratively as a team
- Handle small tools, materials and components with precision and control, ensuring the creation of high-quality and accurate finished products
- Ability to use tools and equipment specific to jewelry making
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures accurately
- Basic knowledge of jewelry making tools and materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and move equipment and supplies as needed
- Previous experience in jewelry making is considered as asset
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting any previous jewelry making experience and/or craftiness [sewing, pottery etc]. Experience is not required and training can be provided but you should have exceptional dexterity and good motor precision control